Calif Bill

Default Why So Few Pontoon Boat Ads?

Here in North Calif lots of trailered pontoon boats. Only thing is they
trailer them a mile ot 2 at the most to local storage yard. Pontoons seem
to be used on the lake they live at as opposed to boats that are trailered a
lot. Do see a few "Bass Buggy" boats trailer on the highway.
Bill

"Jay Chan" wrote in message
om...
Pontoon boats are typically not trailer boats. (I know this is

changing,
but it has been the case until recently.) Therfore they are much more
limited to people with waterfront property or access. Anyone can buy a
trailer boat and keep it in the driveway, etc. As a result, there are

far
more trailer boats than pontoon boats.

This brings up two questions:

- Why pontoon boats are typically not being trailered? Are they too
wide to be trailered safely or easily? I doubt this. But I ask anyway.
I must admit that I rarely see a pontoon boat being trailered on
highway (grand total: one); on the other hand, I see quite a number of
regular boats being trailered. After saying this, this may have to do
with not enough number of pontoon boats being used. I don't know.

- Why pontoon boats are mainly used by people who have water front
property? Are they being used as a floating patio? Kind of like an
extension of the backyard. Therefore, this may have something to do
with the intended purpose of people who buy pontoon boats.

Jay Chan