Jelle

Calif Bill wrote:

After a month in Italy and a couple of weeks of it on islands and Cinque
Terre. I noticed that 99% of all the small outboards were 4 strokes. A
lot
of Mercury's and even a Mariner. A few Yamaha and susuki's. One big boat
had twin E-tecs. I guess that $5 / gallon gas gives an incentive to
conserve.

Sure it does, but if your are showing off your silly ritches with a big
outboard, why skimp on the fuel? Wasn't the point that you show off you are
able to waste money?
The emission regulations in the EU make it pretty hard to produce a
two-stroke that complies with them. That is the reason you see so many
four-strokes. The two strokes you see are old(er) or have a special fuel
injection(that is environment friendlier too).
--
vriendelijke groeten/kind regards,

Jelle