Byron Funnell

Sounds good. I tend to paddle with a lot of kayakers and in smaller water
that is not too much of a big deal. I am sure though that on the Colorado,
the drier route would be preferred! That seems to be the rest of the groups
concern too. I do tend to try to make my own choices, but also like to have
the most data going in. I paddled Hells's Canyon several years ago. My route
on both Wild Sheep and Granite was an eddy hop down the left bank. Worked
one out of two. Swam the second after sliding sideways into a huge hole and
getting munched. Roll failed. But it was still a good time over all.

I can not believe how much the flows vary on the Grand Canyon run. There
seems to be huge varyances.

I also believe that many of the routes I tank may be along the banks!

Thanks again. I have a couple of guides coming and look forward to reading
those also.

SYOTR.

Byron

To the OP: enjoy the canyon, and while you are staring at the waves in
Granite or the chute in Horn Creek wondering where the heck the line is

for
an OC, if the thought "Hey, riverman said to 'stay left on everything'"

pops
into your head, tell us about it!

:-)
Grinningly yours....