Leanne

"David Swindon" wrote in message

My boat (a Roberts Offshore 38) has a main mast 38' off the deck, and

mizzen
28' off the deck. This gives me a total backstay length of about 42', and

triatic about 14' long. My plan is to rig the main mast with twin

backstays
(i.e. the backstay is split right from the top of the mast).

We use a tuner mounted on the rail of the pushpit. The antenna is tied off
to the rail beside the tuner and basically looks like and inverted 'L'. We
use a flag hoist on the mizzen and then the antenna is run to the peak of
the main mast. The mainmast end, ends about three feet from the main and the
antenna is adjusted to clear the mizzen about the same as it runs down to
the tuner. The overall length is 28 feet.

Leanne
s/v Fundy