krj

Steve wrote:

How about coming down from the main with a 3' insulated penant, then split
the twin backstays with insulators on each at the lower end of each. Using
your calculation, that would give you a total length of 66ft.

In my own SSB installation on my 38 ft cutter, with twin back stays, the
upper insulator is only about a foot from the other rigging (and grounded
twin). I haven't noticed any problem (so far).

Since my backstays, run only a couple inches from my radar arch, at the
lower end, I placed the lower insulator just above the arch.

As I side note: I don't fully trust radio insulators (not that I have ever
known of one to fail), so I like the idea of leaving the one backstay out
of the potential failure equation. My main mast can stand and continue to
carry full canvas, even if the insulated backstay were to fail.

Just my thoughts, FWIW.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

The main thing for good xmission is good counterpoise.
krj