Calif Bill

Default Siphon The Fuel Tank

I said buy a cheap electric fuel pump. There are different kinds, some more
expensive than others.
Bill

"Paul Schilter" paulschilter@comcast,dot,net wrote in message
Bill,
Isn't the fact you're pumping gasoline an issue in what kind of pump

you
use? Could a cheap pump be a safety problem?
Paul

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
link.net...
The overflow line (actually the vent line) is above the fuel. If you

can
not get fuel out via the filler, buy a cheap electric fuel pump and pump

it
out the carb feed line.

"Frazier Phillips" wrote in message
I have a 1988 Bayliner 1950, 5.0 L, 32 gallon tank. I have tried to

siphon
from the fill cap. This does not work.
I have just looked at the top side of the tank. Of the possibilities,

the
only one option that I would consider is the over flow line. Is this a

good
place to siphon the gas?
I assume there is a screen on the gas input line.
I have stabilizer in the fuel, however, this fuel is 12 months old. I

am
not
going to chance another 6 months.
Next year I plan to use the boat. It hell getting old, you know.