Brian Whatcott

Default fish camp light bulb failure

Thomas,
your query remains as sensible as it did before you mentioned the AC
output. The lamps would have failed from overvolts (not much is
necessary!) or vibration - whether the supply was AC or DC.

Brian W

On Wed, 03 Dec 2003 00:33:11 GMT, "test"
wrote:

My apologies to all for bothering you with a stupid question. The yard
light converter converts from 120 V. AC to 12 V. AC. Not DC as I assumed.

I never would have guessed. Thanks for the help.

Tom

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Check the voltage. My Malibu is 12V AC from what I remember.

"Tom Best" wrote in message
om...
I would appreciate some help with a 12 volt question.

I set up a 7 light long string of 12 volt, 40 watt bulbs on a strand
of 12 guage, outdoor lighting, copper wire. The bulbs and bases were
standard Edison screw base types. The lights were connected to a 300
watt DC converter made for outdoor yard lights. In theory, I would
like to take the same string (with lower wattage bulbs) on sailing
trips.

In 4 days, 6 of the seven lights have burned out. One light continues
to burn at normal brightness.

Any ideas or comments on these failures apprecitated.

Thanks
Tom