Derek

"M.J." wrote in message
om...
Thanks to all for your advice...unfortunately the engine has just
expired! That may explain the lack of power!!! It started losing oil
pressure and sounding a bit sick - on inspection there appeared to be
an oil leak from the crankshaft oil seal; fortunately we were near
enough to the marina to limp back in. Oh well, back to the drawing
board :~#
Does anyone know whether the BMC engine fitted to minis and morris
11/1300's etc can be marinised by bolting on the bits and pieces from
the vedette block or are they different - they do look similar...
any info gratefully received

Cheers

MJ

it would cause you more problems the BMC transverse engines were designed
to run the opposite way round (with the carbs at the front) to allow for the
change they have gears on the end plate so you would need to remove this I
suspect the crankshaft would then present a problem as it is designed to
carry a gear-- a more likely bet would be a marina or ital 1300 engine
although I cant say whether it would be a straight swap
Derek

---