Steve

Default Revised COLREGS bell requirements

"Doug Dotson" wrote in message
A surveyor has no business in this kind of thing.

Doug
s/v Callista

The seem to think they have a responsibility to verify all the safety
equipment..

I even had one surveyor who insisted (strongly recommended) that I have MOB
gear aboard even though she knew I was a single hander.. Said the insurance
companies wanted info in boat safety equipment.

Yah! I agree. But I know that they poke their nose into everything but the
areas they should be looking, like spungy decks, etc.

For the last insurance survey I went so far as to remove the life raft since
it was past it's inspection date and I didn't want him to list it and that
fact.

Both of the last two surveyors I have had were recommended by my insurance
company, even though I was paying for the survey.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions