test

Default fish camp light bulb failure

My apologies to all for bothering you with a stupid question. The yard
light converter converts from 120 V. AC to 12 V. AC. Not DC as I assumed.

I never would have guessed. Thanks for the help.

Tom

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
link.net...
Check the voltage. My Malibu is 12V AC from what I remember.

"Tom Best" wrote in message
om...
I would appreciate some help with a 12 volt question.

I set up a 7 light long string of 12 volt, 40 watt bulbs on a strand
of 12 guage, outdoor lighting, copper wire. The bulbs and bases were
standard Edison screw base types. The lights were connected to a 300
watt DC converter made for outdoor yard lights. In theory, I would
like to take the same string (with lower wattage bulbs) on sailing
trips.

In 4 days, 6 of the seven lights have burned out. One light continues
to burn at normal brightness.

Any ideas or comments on these failures apprecitated.

Thanks
Tom