John Cairns

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article , gonefishiing
wrote:
yes it around the winch
chafe happens when lines move back and forth
not enough from an even sliding that anything discernible should be
discussed

Well, seems to me that if there's any significan easing of the sheet,
there would be significant friction on the line... on a relatively
rough surface also. I try not to treat my lines to that. You must sail
in pretty light wind conditions most of the time.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Unless the original poster misspoke, he called it a "cam cleat", shouldn't
have any friction easing as the sheet has to be popped out of the cleat
before it can run. It will only pull through the cleat in one direction.
What I don't understand is why it was so difficult to release the jibsheet
from the cleat, they are designed so that upward pressure on the sheet(and
not a lot) should pop the sheet out of the cleat.
Based on what was originally posted I could only suggest taking a look at
how the sheets and cleats are routed, then make any necessary changes.
John Cairns