Gordon Wedman

The French can't possibly be contemplating an above ground explosion??
That's against international treaties and would spark a lot of outrage.

If you have a below ground test, say 1km down, will EMP be a problem?

It seems to me that most discussion around EMP is related to wartime above
ground explosions. In that situation most of us will have other worries.

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in message
"Jim" wrote in message ...
If your boat is close enough to be affected by the EMP, I feel fairly
confident you will NOT have a boat to go back to.

Sure you have. If a moderate (what is that anyway) nuclear bomb explodes
at
high altitude, say 30km, there will be hardly any physical damage on the
ground, but in a radius of about 1000km, all electronics will be destroyed
because of an EMP.

Meindert