NOYB

Default Fine for creating a wake: $27,500

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"NOYB" wrote in message
.net...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"Paul Schilter" paulschilter@comcast,dot,net wrote in message
Boots,
Just wondering what a wake can do that a storm couldn't do a lot
better.
If the bridge is in that much jeopardy, perhaps they need to fix the
bridge.
Also, how do they show that your boat caused $27,500 worth of

damage?
bad
Easterly storm did about $5,000 worth of damage to my property one

day,
but
that's the breaks when you live on a big lake.
Paul

A storm doesn't come through two thousand eleventy dozen times on a

busy
weekend.

The concrete isn't failing from cyclic fatigue from boat wakes...more

likely
from car, truck, bus traffic on top.

It sounds to me like the CG is being overly cautious because if they do
nothing at all and someone's hurt, they'd be blamed for not posting

warnings
and issuing citations. Not much different than the way my office park puts
300 lbs of salt on the sidewalk anytime they see a snowflake. They have to
pretend to try.

I agree. The CG is telling people to slow down, or their wake will cause
concrete to fall off and hit them and their boat. But wouldn't it make
sense to speed up and hurry under the brdige so as to spend as little time
as possible sitting under it?