Evan Gatehouse

"John Murfet" wrote in message
I'm planning on finding a used 38' boat in the USA east coast, outfitting,
then sailing on to Europe. My questions are : how much visa time would I

be
allowed (I'm an Australian citizen),

How about contacting the US embassy / consulate closest to you?

and if I spend 30 - 40k on a boat would
that time be enough to ready the boat for cruising? I'm a single male, how
difficult is it to find crew willing to share expenses?
Any help is very welcome.

30-40K (USD) doesn't buy too big a boat - budget at least 10K for outfitting
for cruising.

How much money do you have to outfit the boat ?

How much experience do you have with working on boats?

If you have to hire somebody to do all the work, do you have the money?

Outfitting a boat to cross the Atlantic does take some time, especially if
you have to budget in time to actually buy the boat too (1-2 months I would
expect).

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers)f