chuck h

Default Auxially battery with isolator and solar battery maintainer

A good site for information is www.yandina.com (afaik the manufacturer of
West Marine combiners). Quite detailed information on how combiner works as
well as about lots of other electrical stuff.

Chuck H.

".JIMinMA." wrote in message

wrote in message
m...
".JIMinMA." wrote in message

Use two 5 watt solar panels and a continuous duty isolator relay. It

can't
get any simpler than that.
Jim

Okay sounds good. The isolator would connect to what other than the
two batteries? And it's purpose would be to keep anything on the boat
from pulling from the aux right? Also, would 5watts overcharge the
batteries and require a controller?

Yes, the batteries would have no load while sitting, but I'm recalling
those two week trips and my car not starting when I got back.

Thanks!

The relay would be turned on by the ignition switch. You could add an
isolator relay delay and make the installation a little more

sophisticated.
Don't worry about overcharging. Look at the Intellitec web site for

details
on the products I mentioned, and others.
Jim