Dave Hall

Default Say NO NO NO to Wal-Mart!!!

Gould 0738 wrote:

What do you do with
people who don't have enough skills to command jobs that 'pay a living
wage'?

There are a few "don't do's".....

High on the list would be "don't threaten your powerless mini-wage employee
with termination if he or she is unwilling to go clock out and then return to
work for a few 'free' hours." WalMart has been fined and penalized in scores
of cases for this exact
practice.

On the clock work: Mini-wage but legal.
Off the clock work: Slavery. Outlawed 140 years ago.

Every person is entitled to compensation for honest labor. If we can't agree on
that basic premise, there is no hope for any additional discussion.

If you can cite cases of this practice being endorsed by Wal-Mart
corporate, then I am in complete agreement with you. A few isolated
cases may be nothing more than a few overzealous store managers bucking
for a promotion, by lowering overhead costs...

Dave