Mike

Thanks very much for the help thus far. I'm thinking about the 1 part
poly, or maybe trying this:
http://www.westernwooddoctor.com/manowar.htm which is the only
semi-gloss varnish I've been able to find so far.

I know the previous owner only had the boat for the past three years,
so the varnish is not too old, and he was pretty sure it was a
semi-gloss or satin. I think if he did a hand-rubbed job or spent the
money for Epifanes that he'd remember. My best guess at the moment is
that he did use a semi-gloss varnish or poly and can't remember which.

Which brings me to the following questions:

1. Has anyone used this man o war varnish? Any comments (for
interior use)?
2. What about if I mixed the gloss and satin varnishes that I have
(One is Interlux and one is Captain's)?

Thanks!

Mike