basskisser

Default O/T 'Canned hunting' on CNN

(Greg) wrote in message ...
If you are not eating tofu and wearing plastic shoes you don't have standing in
this fight. Is it wrong to kill the billions of chickens and cows we eat too?
Is the person who hires a hit man morally superior to the hit man?
I am not a hunter but I do understand the need to control the population of
some species, particularly eastern white tail deer, the most deadfly animal in
North America. (kill about 200 people a year in the US) and cause millions of
dollars in crop damage.

There is quite a difference in eating chickens, born, raised, killed
and processed in factories than in killing and annihilating a wild
species of animal or fish. I fish, and sometimes take one or two home
to eat. I don't hunt. Seems different to me, can't explain why, but I
don't feel as bad killing a fish as I do a deer. The deadliest animal
in North America is certainly not the whitetail deer, it's the urban
human. Far more people are killed by other people than any and all
other animals yearly. Most by firearms. Most by firearms that belonged
to someone else and was either borrowed, or stolen. So much for not
wanting gun control, huh?