RG

Yeah, but Garmin does something funky with the data. I can't quite
figure it out, although to be honest, it's not my cup of tea. It has
to do with how the data is compressed - it's almost as if they strip
certain characters that are conjunctive with certain other characters
just to throw a monkey into the works.

I'm not saying that is what it is, but it acts like it.

Hmm. I'm not seeing that at all. Just pure, unadulterated ASCII text. Are
you sure you're doing a text export of the data and not a .dxf export? When
I open the exported text file into Excel, it looks just like you'd expect it
to. Waypoint names, descriptions, and coordinates all neatly arranged in
columns, represented by simple ASCII text.

I mean really, what would be the point of offering an ASCII text export of
data (sort of a baseline universal language, if you will), if you're going
to booger up the data in the process? The only reworking of the data you
might have to do to use it for another purpose is to strip out some of the
extraneous columns (data fields) that you don't need and perhaps removing
the header row. I'd be happy to email you a small sample exported file for
your review if you'd like.