riverman

"Michael Hearn Anna Houpt" wrote in message
Open boat? canoe? dory? Raft? Jim Schelander first open canoed the
Grand
in 1979 or so. I don't have the beginning of this thread. You want to know
if he went left ot right at crystal or what? The best thing is to look at
rapid when you get there and based on the flow dicide rather than used
someone else's plan.

Spot on. The funny thing about useless posts like that one I made is that
some people believe I'm serious. Gimmeabreak! I mean, if someone got beyond
Soap Creek and was actually relying on generic advice like "stay left" for
an entire 225 mile stretch of river.......wow!

Normally I'm too cautious to toss out obvious trolls like that, for fear of
someone (amazingly) taking it seriously, but this is the Canyon, and I'm
comfortably sure that real life will take over pretty quickly. It was on par
with telling someone that, once they finish med school, the best advice will
always be "take an aspirin and call me in the morning". Yuh.

To the OP: enjoy the canyon, and while you are staring at the waves in
Granite or the chute in Horn Creek wondering where the heck the line is for
an OC, if the thought "Hey, riverman said to 'stay left on everything'" pops
into your head, tell us about it!

:-)
Grinningly yours....

--riverman