jean

Default fish camp light bulb failure(info)

TOM make sure that your circuit is a parrallel one, not in series.Also you
cannot reduce the watt of the bulb because you will reduce the resistance of
your circuit and let pass to much current on the same bulb (burning action)

"Tom Best" a écrit dans le message de
om...
I would appreciate some help with a 12 volt question.

I set up a 7 light long string of 12 volt, 40 watt bulbs on a strand
of 12 guage, outdoor lighting, copper wire. The bulbs and bases were
standard Edison screw base types. The lights were connected to a 300
watt DC converter made for outdoor yard lights. In theory, I would
like to take the same string (with lower wattage bulbs) on sailing
trips.

In 4 days, 6 of the seven lights have burned out. One light continues
to burn at normal brightness.

Any ideas or comments on these failures apprecitated.

Thanks
Tom