DSK

Joe wrote:
I agree 100% that Vietnam was a quagmire and we should of never gone
there.

But thats besides the point.

Actually, it isn't.

... The way Kerry acted and stabbed his
fellow soldiers in the back is un-excusable.

Do you consider trying to stop a war that was "a quagmire" a backstab?
After all, it might have been a horrible & pointless war, but it was the
only one we had, right?

Y'know, not all American soldiers committed atrocities, and Kerry never
claimed that all did. However, it's easily documentable that *some* did.
And it's also easily verifiable that people who commit various types of
violations always consider that they've been "stabbed in the back" after
getting caught.

Here's another irony for you... one of Hitler's favorite phrases in his
early political campaigns was "The Stab In The Back" which was his
explanation for why Germany lost World War 1.

Is it just me, or is history really a depressing subject?

DSK