Harry Krause

Default 28-32' cruiser with flybridge?

Gould 0738 wrote:

For $300,000, Chuckster, I would want something more in a boat than a
"generally average quality offering." And I'd get it.

Many of your quality evaluations would be highly subjective. That's OK, same
with almost everybody else on most issues.

Subjective? I don't think so, Chuck. I've been around long enough to
tell what makes up "quality" in a $300,000 boat.

Then the trick becomes getting the "right" answer to the following question.
(Personally, I don't know what the right answer is... and right for one person
isn't going to be right for the next)

"For $300,000, shall I buy a generally average quality, 33' boat at least
adequately seaworthy for its intended use and then some- or for the same money
shall I instead select an exceptionally high quality 27' boat adequately
seaworthy for its intended use and then some?

For around $300,000 you can indeed buy a high-quality boat of more than
30 feet. Isn't the American Tug 34' around $300,000-$325,000? It would
be of higher than average quality, and more than adequately seaworthy.

I've been aboard Bayliners that sell for far more than $325,000, and
have found them cheaply made and with bad handling characteristics.

--
Email sent to is never read.