Calif Bill

Default Siphon The Fuel Tank

The overflow line (actually the vent line) is above the fuel. If you can
not get fuel out via the filler, buy a cheap electric fuel pump and pump it
out the carb feed line.

"Frazier Phillips" wrote in message
I have a 1988 Bayliner 1950, 5.0 L, 32 gallon tank. I have tried to siphon
from the fill cap. This does not work.
I have just looked at the top side of the tank. Of the possibilities, the
only one option that I would consider is the over flow line. Is this a

good
place to siphon the gas?
I assume there is a screen on the gas input line.
I have stabilizer in the fuel, however, this fuel is 12 months old. I am

not
going to chance another 6 months.
Next year I plan to use the boat. It hell getting old, you know.