Steve

"dbraun" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment
..com...
The Blue Seas part no:8253 is a 100-0-100 ammeter with a shunt. I never

see
any retailer stock them but you can order direct.

Thanks David,
I'll order that meter through my marine suppier and that should be ok for
anything except the anchor windlass (momentarily, when I'm braking out the
hook.).

I have 100 amp meter in my DC panel but as I stated I want to monitor both
charge and discharge to see the net gain. I don't have room on the existing
panel to add a digital meter, so a Blue Seas instrument should fit in one
of the OEM holes.

I have looked at the digitals and the price is a bit more than I want to
spend.. Also, I would be concerned with the power consumption if they are
LEDs and I wanted to leave them on all the time.. The LCDs are more power
conservative but are difficult to read without some suplimental lighting
(back the my dark corner of the nav. station.). To be honest, I never notice
a LCD instrument, unless I'm thinking about it. While a LED will get my
attention. I frequently forget to turn off my fixed mount GPS when I leave
the boat because the display is LCD and not 'attention getting' (and I'm 68
and....).

Steve
s/v Good Intentions