Chris Newport

On Sunday 24 October 2004 6:58 pm in rec.boats.cruising Peggie Hall wrote:

Chris Newport wrote:
The condensate contains all of the pollutants which were
in the air. By recycling the condensate you will be
continually concentrating these pollutants into your
drinking water. This is a BAD idea.

How is that different from collecting rain water for showering etc?

Rainwater is fresh clean water, perhaps with a single dose
of atmospheric pollution collected on the way down. Condensate
from an aircon is recirclated moisture from the cabin, possibly
being rcirculated several times.

He's not necessarily suggesting mixing it with the potable water supply
(or the shower water), only collecting it in another sump.

So long as it is used once only for washing or showering and
then discarded I see no harm. This does, however, imply having
two tanks, one for drinking and the other unfit for consumption.

--
My real address is crn (at) netunix (dot) com
WARNING all messages containing attachments or html will be silently