DSK

DSK wrote:
The only thing I don't like about propane is the way it makes the cabin
so dank... gives off a lot of water vapor.

Jelle wrote:
I have seen this being said about both propane and alcohol, and it does not
make much sense to me. As long as you are not using coal, you will get
water as a combustion product. The difference between propane (C3H8) and
alcohol (C2H5OH) for Hydrogen content is small/negligible.

Maybe so. In my experience, the effect is much more noticable with
propane. Using the Origo alcohol stove in a small boat, it never fogged
up the windows whereas one of those small camping propane stoves would,
even with no kettle on it.

... You will produce
a lot more water vapor if you use the heat to cook water, or a product with
high water content. And that is exactly what you are doing when cooking
food.

That's true.

If you don't ventilate enough you will get a damp cabin, no matter what fuel
you use. (unless it is coal, then you will not get much water vapor, but
you will die of carbon monoxide poisoning if you don't ventilate)

So the lesson is: install some means of ventilation over the stove to get
rid of the watervapor.

And the CO2. But it's somewhat of a dilemma, if it's cold outside you
don't want to let in too much cold air.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King