Morgan Ohlson

On 23 Oct 2004 21:30:00 GMT, William R. Watt wrote:

Morgan Ohlson ) writes:

Anything else that cannot be missing on a modern (?) dinghy rig?

some things to consider.....

preventer? (eg., boom vang)

how would the main be sheeted?
center sheeting or transom?
would it need a traveller?

all the jibs I've seen have had adjustable fairleads.
some way of tensioning the jib luff so it doesn't sag.

Is the vang mounted further out on the boom if transom sheeting is used?

What about kick rod?

Center or transom sheeting is what I'm just conserning my brain with. It
looks as there can be a problem to fit in a center traveler properly without
a bulkhead to build it on.
....but on the other hand that bulkhead may be needed.

Isn't a traveller allways good to have to gain rig controll?

Morgan O.