DSK

Jim Conlin wrote:
.... There were good pressurized alcohol stoves.. I had a Shipmate. Its
tank was large and several feet away from the stove and needed filling only
once or twice a season . Its burners were large enough to provide enough
heat to cook on and its priming cups were large enough that spills were
rare. It gave little trouble in over twenty years.

Shipmate made some good stuff, not surprised their pressure alcohol
stove was good too. But I bet it's still prone to more faults than the
wick type.

BTW the stove I have liked the most is the Shipmate Skipper Junior, a
small coal (or other solid fuel) pot-bellied stove/heater. It came out
of 1900s era catboat, one of two in the boat; and then for some years it
lived in a Harkers Islander. I still have it squirreled away somewhere
awaiting just the right vintage style boat to put it in.

DSK