Doug

I have also witnessed this problem with Furuno models that have a snap in
glare filter over the screen. One tugboat company was a little upset about
this and removed the filters from all their radars once we figured out the
problem.
Also "el cheapo" sunglasses can be of various polarities I find. I had one
pair that I had to discard when flying small aircraft and the curved
Plexiglas windscreen showed all the heat stress lines from forming the
curves in color when using those polarized glasses. Higher quality aviation
polarized sunglasses did not have the problem.

Doug K7ABX

"Jack Erbes" wrote in message

Hi Jack,

Yes, that is the case. However, I think it is your glasses and the

viewsonic
monitor that are out of step with the standard practice. I have a Furuno

radar
and a Garmin GPS, and a handful of other LCD devices and never see the

problem
that you are having. snip

No, the Viewsonic monitor is fine with the glasses. Unless I have
fallen out of my chair and am laying on my side.

The Furuno was fine unless I was standing in front of it normally
oriented and holding my head erect. So I now assume that particular
Furuno was vertically polarized.

And there is no doubt about the issue with that particular Furuno, I was
on that boat 3 weeks and saw the problem every time I looked at the
display with my sunglasses on.

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jacker at midmaine dot com