Jean-Marie

"Steve" wrote in
:

The reason I ask, I have had a problem with wet exhaust water getting
back into the cylinder on my Entec/Farymen gen set engine. This
happens when I have intial trouble getting it started and after I use
the compression release.

I do not know the answer to the compression lever, but when the engine is
cranked and it does not start, the water accumulates in the exhaust system.
There is no explosion to push it out and depending on how high it has to go
it might as well come back into the engine.

I have seen suggested somewhere that you close the water intake if the
engine has to be cranked for a long time while it does not start or you do
not want it to start (Winterizing).

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

JM