Evan Gatehouse

Usually I drain my fresh water tank an add the pink non toxic antifreeze.
If you get a real cold snap in Vancouver, fresh water tanks _can_ freeze if
much of them is above the waterline.

If you're not going to use the boat at all, consider taking home sails and
cushions to avoid winter mildew.

And I leave a 100W bulb burning with a socket screwed to a plywood base on
the cabin sole. It gives off enough heat to keep things dry.

Consider giving your motor a shot of fogging oil to keep rust down if you're
not going to use it and add a fuel stabilizer to the fuel.

Having said all that I have sailed in all months of the year around here;
you just have to dress a bit more warmly and pick the good days.

--
Evan Gatehouse

you'll have to rewrite my email address to get to me
ceilydh AT 3web dot net
(fools the spammers).