Sven

Default Q for Peggie re type I MSD and holding tanks

Hi Peggie,

(I think we met over a decade ago, on the Compuserve boating or sailing
forum ... that would have been you, right ?)

Anyway, I just got and started reading your GROBO book.

We also just got and started sailing an Ericson 23 with a possibly
functional Lectrasan.

The reason for the question is that the intro to you book (page 3) seems
to say that setting up a tank to hold Lectrasan treated output makes the
output illegal to discharge even where type I MSD devices are otherwise
allowed.

One of the destinations for our local cruising would be Avalon which is
a no-discharge zone. My thought was to install a holding tank which
could take the Lectrasan output while in the zero discharge zone and
then dump the held type I MSD output where it would be legal. If I read
your intro correctly that would be a no-no ?

If it is not legal to hold _only_ type I MSD output and then dump it in
type I MSD legal areas I'll probably give up on the idea and just go for
a holding tank setup rather than trying to make sure the Lectrasan works.

Care to share some of your HeadMistress expertise ?

Thanks :-)

-Sven