Jeff Morris

Forgive me if I missed something, by why are you asking this question without
mentioning why you want a printer at all? And what kind of boat are you putting it
on? Are you using this dockside or underway? Do you have an internet connection
onboard? Are you printing text, charts, or pictures?

Without giving this info its kind of like asking, "Should I buy a truck or a bicycle?"

BTW, When I cruised for a year I carried a Canon BJ 80 (the smallest made at the
time). Now, for shorter trips, I carry a CP200, which makes perfect 4x6 photo prints
in a minute. If I'm only going out for 2-3 weeks, I don't bother with a computer, but
its fun to print pictures.

wrote in message ...
You can get by with BW, but why? The color printers are so cheap. I use the
Cannon BJ250 which is compact, cheap, and does color and BW. I don't know
what you're going to be printing, but sometimes I print out little chartlets
from Nobeltec VNS. Sure is nice to have them in color. Why not go ahead and
spring for color, then you'll never be sorry.

Because the model Im thinking abt getting is a laser
printer and the consumable last a LOT longer than an
ink jet does