Doug Dotson

Could be an issue if one is printing alot. The speed of the laser printer
over the inkjet will mitigate this somewhat.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Meindert Sprang" wrote in message
wrote in message
I suspect a BW laser printer is
a good choice because a toner catrridge will print far
more copies than a inkjet with a black cartridge.

Yep...... a LOT more printouts

And a LOT more current consumption. A laser printer can draw quite some
current which is needed for heating the fuser roll.

I qoute from the manual from my laser printer (Laserjet 2200):
Average consumption during printing: 400 Watt.
Minimum supply current for 110V models: 5A (a peak value during the short
period the fuser is heated).

Meindert