David Kemper

"Allan Bennett" wrote in message
In article

outboats.com,
Jayno55 URL:mailto I might be slightly biased, but I think the best boat for you is the

Cirrus -
a stable, sleek fast tourer (some would call it a stable racer). It's
pedigree and suitability is shown by the fact that it has been used to

set a
cross-Channel record, and some spectacular performances on the Devizes

Westminster Challenge (which includes the notorious Thames Tideway

section).

Comfort? Certainly. With EZ-adjust footrest and seat.

Easy access / egress? Certainly, it has a racing cockpit.

Manoeuvrability? Absolutely, it has a rudder.

Weight? 12-13Kg or lighter with vac-bagged construction.

Let me know where you are based and I will try to put you in contact

with a
current owner for trials etc.

advert over

Allan Bennett

You? Biased? Never!

Anyway, regarding your comments on the Cirrus:

Seconded. The Cirrus is the best boat I have ever paddled, one that I
don't promptly fall out of.
I stay dry in my Cirrus especially when I fit the spray deck. Falling
out into the canal is not one of the main attractions of paddling.
I think of it as a stable touring Kayak suitable for racing in the lower
divisions.
I have paddled mine mainly on canals, but also venture out on lakes and
slow rivers.
As it happens, I have a new Cirrus on order.
When the manufacturer gets his finger out and delivers it, I may want to
sell my original Cirrus.
I'm in the Midlands if the OP wants to try paddling my Cirrus on the
local canal.

Thinks - I wonder if there is a K2 version of the Cirrus?

David
Not a fan of slow coaches.