Jonathan Ganz

In article , OzOne wrote:
On 19 Oct 2004 15:06:43 -0700, (Jonathan
Ganz) scribbled thusly:
Scott, I've seen locks go on winch handles. One minute you can't get
it undone, then next it comes off with a straight pull.

So you lose another broken winch handle...no great loss.

My concern is not with the handle itself, although that is a good
point. I'm sure Scotty has a spare somewhere.

If you were distracted with other things, I still maintain it could be
a problem. You have a rail right there next to the winch. Why not use
that for the extra line.

You mean tie it on so it takes longer to access and gets it the way?

No. We have tie-downs for lines. They use a quick loop to secure the
line. Actually, they don't go on rails, so I mis-typed.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com