Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
DSK wrote:
OzOne wrote:
Scooter, I see nothing wrong with leaving the handle in the winch in
those conditions, and looping over the winch is common practice.

Yeah, if the handle won't come out then what's the worst that could
happen, leaving it in? It's not like you're at risk of losing it.

There is some risk of losing it inside someone who falls.

OTOH putting on mesh sheet bags to stow the fall of the lines is not
expensive and it cleans things up enormously.

The problem with the sheet bags on our last boat is that they inevitably
got filled with candy bars & beer cans & sundry other items, so that
when you needed to handle lines (and the crew was both surprised &
outraged) the mess fleww all over the cockpit.

Same thing here. I have to keep inforcing the lines only policy when
I'm teaching.

Some of the 'sailors' here take themselves a little too seriously.

We hve the cure for that

Politics!!

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)