Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:
do you honestly think that coil is going to 'jump' over the winch
handle?

Scotty

By itself no. But, if the handle lock suddenly gave it up, it would
go in the water, right?

Well, yeah also if an Albatross swooped down and picked up the end and
threw it in the water.....about the same thing.

Scott, I've seen locks go on winch handles. One minute you can't get
it undone, then next it comes off with a straight pull.

If you were distracted with other things, I still maintain it could be
a problem. You have a rail right there next to the winch. Why not use
that for the extra line.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com