I picked up a used Canon BJC-250 at a garage sale for $20 / ink tank and it
worked great onboard. Very compact and fits into a locker with ease.

I also picked up a new Epson Stylus CX4600 for $97 after rebate. This unit
has a scanner that and digital camera card memory slot so I can scan/print
or print pictures without the computer. I'm using this at home right now but
will take it along while cruising the insided passage next summer.

The Epson does take up a bit more space on the book shelf but scanner will
be handy when doing boat paperwork or coping chart section from other
boaters while exploring the back waters.

Since I'm using digital charts as part of my navigation system, I can always
print out color chartlets from these programs. This will be handy in the
cockpit.

I'm not worried about corrosion since these printers are so cheap that if
boat dampness is a problem, no great loss and they should survive for a
couple years.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

OK

Do you think this model from Samsung will be OK?

http://tinyurl.com/7xudg

Its a B&W laser unit only.... no color.

Do I really NEED color?