brad

OK, I think I may have experienced this with my Bayliner 1950 also.
It happened once at high speed, turning fairly sharply. Felt kinda
"sqirrely", not a pleasant feeling. Since then I have just avoided
high speed, sharp turns (probably not a great idea anyway). I have
not experienced it since. I don't know if this is a quirk of this
particular hull design, or common to all hulls of this type. My boat
says something like "progressive vee" or something on it's side. Other
than that one time, the ride is pretty comfortable and pleasant for a
19 1/2 foot boat...

(IDT 512) wrote in message . com...
(brad) wrote in message . com...

Sorry, I'm not familiar with this term; what specific handling
behavior is described when you say "the boat chine walked..."?

Chine walk is when the boat tilts and rides on its side, almost as if
its going to tip over. Just imagine trying to stand a V shaped object
on its pointy side and watch it tip over on 1 of its side... well that
is what my boat did couple times until i backed off the throttle