Calif Bill

Default The Bush Economy Stinks...and Sinks

In California when I took the EIT, all they asked for was money. Did not
have to show a diploma, transcripts. They then sent me the EIT certificate
after taking the test. And 30 years later, I am still an engineer, and
never worked in an industry that required P.E.
Bill

"basskisser" wrote in message
om...
"Calif Bill" wrote in message news:bfk6k8

How many times did it take you to pass the EIT exam?

One.

How many times did it
take you to pass the PE exam?

One. The company I worked for at the time never had anybody take the
PE twice.

And depending on your age, etc, you do not
need 4 years as an EIT.

Bull****. State of GA, 4 years. Period. State of N.Y. 4 years, period.

Does not even require a college degree to sit for
either test.

If you don't have a degree, then you have to have a MINIMUM 8 years
engineering experience. Then you need to work as an EIT for SEVEN
years.

An applicant may qualify to take the Fundamentals of Engineering
(FE/EIT) examination if the applicant:

is in the process of completing a four year curriculum in engineering
at a college or university approved by the Board within six months of
the next scheduled administration of the Fundamentals of Engineering
examination, and evidence of such is provided by the college or
university directly to the Board [43-15-8(1)(A)]; or
has graduated from a college or university on completion of a four
year curriculum in engineering approved by the Board, and a transcript
evidencing such graduation is provided by the college or university
directly to the Board [43-15-8(1)(A)]; or
has graduated from a college or university on completion of a four
year curriculum in engineering technology or a related science
approved by the Board, and a transcript evidencing such graduation is
provided by the college or university directly to the Board
[43-15-8(2)(A)]; or
has acquired not less than eight years of acceptable engineering
experience [43-15-8(3)], [43-15-10], [180-3-.02]; and
has made application to the Board and submitted the requisite,
non-refundable, fee of $20.00 to the Board (made payable to the
Secretary of State); and
has made application to NCEES and submitted the requisite fee of
$95.00 to NCEES.
An applicant having met the above requirements and having passed the
FE/EIT examination shall be certified as an Engineer-in-Training.