Peter Bennett

On 18 Oct 2004 20:39:44 GMT, (SDrumm6395) wrote:

As an "inland" boater now facing first winter with cruising boat left in the
water at Anacortes, Washington, I'm interested in what other boaters in this
northern climate do to prepare for winter weather. Are there any good web
sites that discuss this?

I make sure I've got an extra sweater and rain gear on the boat.

Also - rum, hot chocolate mix and propane

:-)

Seriously, since I have shore power available (and the yacht club
charges for it whether I use it or not) I leave a heater on, on "low",
and for the first time this year, I have a small dehumidifier aboard.

Previously, I've used those dehumidifier things that use some chemical
- but you have to go and dump the water and refill the chemical every
week or two.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca