surfnturf

David Patnaude wrote
OK i took it out last weekend for the 1st time, everything went pretty
good except that the boat chine walked several times, pretty scary
feeling especially since it was my 1st time driving a boat... do any
of you have this same problem? any fixes for it? I did some reading on
it and some say that 4 blade props can sometimes cure it, I dont see
how though...

Chine walk, as I understand it, is a lateral cyclical roll caused by a V
hull rising high in the water at speed. Not much of a footprint. I have
experienced this while getting familiar with my "new" boat, which is an I/O
in a deep V 18' hull. I'm sure it's attributable to my inexperience with
trim tabs as well as the motor trim. Certainly can get worse in a hurry at
speed. For now, I stay away from full throttle. 4 blade prop might help by
lowering top end speed?

surfnturf