Harlan Lachman

Again Rosalie, thanks for all the information.

If you ever bring your sailboat up north and consider the fresh water
beauty of Lake Champlain, send me an email.

It would be a long haul by sailboat, but sailing on the lake is the best
sailing I have ever done (and that includes the Greek Isles, Virgin
Islands, Long Island, Block Island and even Maine (mostly cause you can
just jump into the warm fresh water to swim almost anywhere and there is
no fog). Nestled between the Green and Adirondack Mountains with
gunkholes and history galore, it is a worthwhile visit -- like the many
places you have alluded to in your emails.

harlan

In article ,
Rosalie B. wrote:

(263801) wrote:

The main marina in DC is: Gangplank Marina That's the one I hear
about most often. Since I have a sailboat, I've never been of course.

You would have no restriction. The Gangplank, Capital Yacht Club, and I
believe one small marina are all in the Washington Channel which is
entered just north of Nat'l Airport, before the 14th St bridge.

I'd have to go through the Woodrow Wilson Bridge first. Our mast is
58.5 feet. I'm not about to be mucking around in the Potomac at 3 am
just to go to a marina (and then have to come back down later) when I
can just drive to DC in about an hour.

grandma Rosalie

--
To respond, obviously drop the "nospan"?