NOYB

The picture is getting clearer. It seems the NAACP is involved.

The Defiance County Sheriff's Office arrested Chad Staton, age 22, of
Stratton Ave., Defiance, on a charge of False Registration, in Violation of
Section 3599.11 of the Ohio Revised Code, a felony of the fifth degree.

The SheriffÕs Office alleges that Staton filled out over 100 voter
registration forms that were fictitious. Staton was to be paid for each
registration form that he could get citizens to fill out. However, Staton
himself filled out the registrations and returned them to the woman who
hired him from Toledo, Ohio. Deputies allege that Staton was paid crack
cocaine for the falsified registrations.

Defiance Deputies along with Toledo Police Department detectives conducted a
search warrant of a residence on Woodland in Toledo, believed to be the home
of the woman who hired Staton to solicit voter registration. Officers
confiscated drug paraphernalia along with voter registration forms from the
home. The occupant of the home, Georgianne Pitts, age 41, advised law
enforcement, along with Ohio B.C.I.&I., that she had been recruited by
Thaddeus J. Jackson, II, of Cleveland, to obtain voter registrations. Pitts
admitted to paying Staton crack cocaine for the registrations in lieu of
money.

A business card provided by Pitts indicated that Jackson is the Assistant
NVF Ohio Director of the NAACP National Voter Fund.

The initial complaint received by the Sheriff's Office came from the
Defiance County Board of Elections. The Board had received the 100 plus
registration forms from the Cuyahoga Board of Elections that had been
submitted to the Cuyahoga Board by the NAACP National Voter Fund.

Developing...

"NOYB" wrote in message
k.net...
Drudge is running this headline right now, but with no details yet.
Anybody want to bet on which political party the crack-distributing
operative pledges allegiance to? I guess cartons of cigarettes just
weren't doing the trick any longer.