Vito

"Maxprop" wrote
difference between expanding the size of government and overspending.

Yes,
W has set a new precedent in spending, ..... But spending is reversible.

Beyond the Dept. of Homeland Security W hasn't expanded government as much
. ..... But even if it grows, it will be by necessity and not by

political whim.

Government-sponsored health care--socialized medicine, essentially--would
eclipse nearly every other bureaucracy now in existence. ......

The above isn't hypocracy - it is merely very wrong. Bush is no
concervative, fiscal or otherwise. Like Reagan and his daddy before him W
believes in "Reaganomics" in the same way he believes in Jesus Christ. But
Reaganomics is "Voodoo" based on the LIBERAL notion that we can 'spend
ourselves rich' - but spends by borrowing from outside our economy instead
of by raising taxes. Sorry, but the only thing more frightening than ever
bigger government is financing that growth by debt owed to foreign bankers
by our children and grandchildren. What happens when these foreigners
threaten to call their loans? We do what we're told, that's what! Even
something as idiotic as attacking Saddam - eh?

What on Earth makes you believe that a national police with Gestapo powers
will limit its own growth any more than a medical, or any other bureaucracy?
Where in human history has that ever happened?

The fact is cops or agents all want a promotion and a raise and a better
life just like the rest of us. There is only two ways for that to happen in
a bureaucracy. You can wait for your boss to retire and hope to beat out a
dozen other guys to get his job or you can work to grow the department. And
what grows a law enforcement agency? Why crime of course! There is nothing
like a major violent crime wave to get citizens howling for more cops - and
the more cops get hired the more sergeant, lieutenant and captain jobs open
up. 9/11 was the biggers boost federal law enforcement ever had - thank to
W. And it will grow and grow and grow until we all have cameras in our
bedrooms monitored by $7.50/hour pervs - you know like the ones checking
passengers on 9/11.

No, national health care isn't the answer. We need a free market. Trouble
is, we do not have one! We cannot go to any Doctor who will give us the
best rates, we must go to a state licensed MD. And who decides the license
criteria? Why the doctor's union of course - the AMA that won't allow MDs to
advertise rates. Worse, we cannot buy effective medicines without one of
these quack's permission. It's akin to not being allowed to buy a light
bulb without a prescription from a state licensed electrician. The answer is
to "Bust the Trust" and its monopoly on medical care and let the American
way prevail. Is W doing that? No! He has strengthened it by forbiding
reimportation of US manufactured drugs. Is Kerry's plan better? NO! But I
prefer a benevolent medical bureaucracy to W's Gestapo. YMMV