Jack Erbes

Baloney!

I can see my LCD radar just fine, and I can even read my Garmin Map76s from 6
feet away. I'm old and very nearsighted with severe astigmatism. You must have
defective glasses. If I turn my head sideways 90 degrees, the screen goes blank,
but I rarely turn my head sideways 90 degrees, so that isn't an issue.

Maybe I mis-described the type of display that it happens with?

But it is not baloney when it actually happens. I have seen it first
hand (with my eyes and the display oriented normally) on Furuno (1751?)
and Northstar (952x) color displays.

I have a Viewsonic VX900 monitor on this computer, just put the same
sunglasses on, and the display is not affected until you rotate your
head 90 degrees.

So I wonder if it is a case of some displays are built with vertical
polarization and others are horizontal?

Jack

--
Jack Erbes in Ellsworth, Maine, USA - jacker at midmaine dot com