Rosalie B.

Harlan Lachman wrote:

John or Rosalie:

Is there a Marina that takes transients that you can recommend in the DC
area. We would need 30 amp service, easy access for my friend to pick us
up and take us touring and facilities (showers, head, etc.).

The main marina in DC is: Gangplank Marina That's the one I hear
about most often. Since I have a sailboat, I've never been of course.

309-slip marina is conveniently located in the protected Washington
Channel with laundry, showers, cable TV, pump-out, in-water
service/repair and parking

Other Amenities:
Fresh Water, Ice, Motor Oil Recycling, Restrooms,
Phone: (202) 554-5000

http://www.coastal-properties.com

Rate Information: (Transient Rates = $1.25/ft/day plus $5/day for
electricity)

Other marinas in the area (but I don't know whether they take
transients) a

*Anacostia Marina Washington, DC
Amenities:Fresh Water Maintenance Facilities Restrooms Shower
Facilities

The NPS has threatened to close the Anacostia Marina, but it is the
place where the police boats are maintained, so I don't know their
status at the moment

*Columbia Marina
George Washington Memorial Pkwy, Arlington, VA 22202
(Located in Washington, DC)
PH: 202-347-0173
Boat US Discounts - Trans. Slips: 50%, Pump Out: Free, Launch Ramp:
20%
F E O

*Buzzard Point Marina Washington, DC
Amenities Fresh Water Ice Public Phone Pumpout/Dump Facilities
Restrooms Shower Facilities

*James Creek Marina, Washington, DC
Amenities: Gasoline Golf Groceries Shower Facilities

*Washington Marina, Washington, DC
http://www.washingtonmarina.com
Amenities Fresh Water Public Phone Maintenance Facilities Restrooms
Shower Facilities
RATES:
Slips 40' and below: $9.00 /Ft. /Month
Slips above 40': $12.00 /Ft. /Month
Charges for amenities (water, electric, pumpout) are $10-60$/month
depending on slip size and usage
Limited Onsite Parking Available

* Annual Contracts Available
* No liveaboards, no wooden boats
* License agreement and insurance coverage required

Contact Bob Stickell at (202) 554-0222 for more details.

*Belle Haven Marina
#1 Belle Haven Rd. (P.O. Box 7073), Alexandria, VA 22307
PH: 703-768-0018

BoatUS Discounts - Trans. Slips: 25%, Rentals: 10%, Sailing School:
10%, Launch Ramp: 10%

*Washington Sailing Marina
#1 Marina Dr., Alexandria, VA 22314
PH: 703-548-9027

BoatUS Discounts - Trans. Slips: 25%, Ship's Sto 10%/(Gifts &
Souvenirs), Bike Rentals: 10%

E B O

*Hampton's Landing Marina
16202 Neabsco Rd., Woodbridge, VA 22191
PH: 703-221-4915

Discounts - Fuel: .10/gal, Trans. Slips: 25%

E B O L

BTW, do either of you know how long a ride it is from Point Lookout and
whether there are speed limitations? 70 - 100 miles is not long at 25-35
mph. At 10 mph it gets old fast.

You don't have to start at Point Lookout you know. Get a chart and
figure out how far down the river you want to be, and find the nearest
put-in point. You could start down at Smith Piont (on the Virginia
side.

grandma Rosalie