John Proctor

On 2004-10-17 14:18:15 +1000, Mac said:

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 10:03:32 +0000, John Proctor wrote:

[snip]

A survey requirement in Australia for some states is to have both
positive and negitive terminals switched. This is because it completely
disconnects the battery from the system when switched off. This avoids
any possibility of a leakage path except for a switch failure.

Interrupting just one pole also avoids any possibility of a leakage path
except for a switch failure.

--Mac

Thes same survey requirements also demand 3 separate battery systems,
engine, house, radio as well. I have never been able to understand why
the two pole (negative and positive) requirement was there other than
to ensure that the batteries were completely disconnected from the
system. No one I've ever talked to could explain why to me in a
satisfactory way.

--
Regards,
John Proctor VK3JP, VKV6789